Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pink colored MacBook Air Critique

I have just gotten a Pink MacBook Air to replace my ten month old MacBook Pro and I enjoy it. So much in reality that I believed I'd do a speedy assessment.

I was constantly place off by the authentic MacBook Air, I feel from the major as a result of its poor overall performance (compared with the Pro model) and generally reported overheating concerns. The old MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air comparison often, for me at least, fell in favour from the former machine.

On looks alone the new model is really a winner and also although my MacBook Pro was less than a year old I couldn't resist the new super-slim profile and far more modern day design and style of Apple's latest notebook.

Pink MacBook Air
You could have noticed that my new MacBook is Pink! This isn't a standard color, or even a color Apple offer on their site or in their merchants. It really is produced by Colorware from a common machine and offered a bespoke (and beautiful) vibrant pink finish. This may possibly not be a selection for those wanting to blend into the crowd, however it certainly gets lots of comments and admiring looks.

MacBook Air Power
Following only a couple of hours of use I knew that it wasn't just the fantastic looks and stunning pink exterior that did it for me. This issue is rapidly, a lot more quickly than either what I expected and what the specification sheet told me. With an Intel Core two Duo Apple have avoided use of the significantly newer Core i3, i5 and i7 range of processors, which can be a surprise to me as, on account of their more effective nature, they would generate less heat and use less battery energy. Also, their integrated graphics chips would definitely help with packaging in such a minuscule machine.

Despite not acquiring the latest generation hardware, this machine in no way feels lacking in power, one thing which could not always be said with the original Air. This genuinely did surprise me, but I'm coming straight from a 1.86 GHz Core two Duo powered Pro model and the Air feels considerably more rapidly, regardless of getting exactly the same chip clocked at the exact same speed. This goes to show that prospective customers shouldn't let the specification page place you off because it is just not all what is seems.

An additional factor to note is the fact that the original Air ran under-clocked as a way to make an effort to alleviate the heat troubles, so despite comparable specification this might clarify a few of the leap in overall performance versus the original MacBook Air.

No comments:

Post a Comment